© 2012 Derby Public Library • 1600 E Walnut Grove • Derby, KS 67037 • (316) 788-0760
Hosted & Designed by:
Disaster Preparedness & Response
- American Red Cross
- The American Red Cross helps prepare communities for emergencies and keep people safe every day thanks to caring people who support our work.
- Benefits of U.S. Government
- This is the official benefits web site of the U.S. government. This site can help in times of emergency for information on Medicare, small business loans, veterans benefits, employment services or disaster relief.
- Disaster Assistance
- Disaster Assistance provides information on how you might be able to get help from the U.S. Government before, during and after a disaster.
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
- Disaster mitigation, preparedness, response, recovery, education, and references
- Local Kansas information and links to prepare Kansans for emergencies and disasters.
- National Shelter System
- The Red Cross National Shelter System (NSS) contains information for over 56000 potential shelter facilities and is used to track and report shelter information.
- Ready is a national public service advertising (PSA) campaign designed to educate and empower Americans to prepare for and respond to emergencies including natural and man-made disasters.
- Safe and Well
- After a disaster, letting your family and friends know that you are safe and well can bring your loved ones great peace of mind. This website is designed to help make that communication easier.
- United Way Plains
- A national system of volunteers, contributors, and local charities helping people in their own communities.